Let me start by saying that we were closed in 2020 due to COVID-19. Our shop is so small we felt it necessary to keep everyone safe from this terrible virus. We are in the hopes of opening on Black Friday 2021. It all depends on the outbreaks. I hope to be able to see all of you for the Christmas 2021 season! Follow our Facebook Page for any updates and pictures.
Quality Maine Made Products …. DEEP IN THE WOODS GIFT SHOP has been bringing you quality arts & crafts since 1999. DEEP IN THE WOODS GIFT SHOP is a consignment shop so you never know what will be coming through the door.
- LODGE/INDOOR DECOR: Hand carved "Woodspirits" and ornaments, Fiddlehead Art using copper & burls. We have photography, original artwork (commissions welcomed) & prints, Walker's lamps using driftwood, recycled skis, snowshoes, blow torches & handsaws. We also have stained glass, metal lamps and mailbox toppers, some signage.
- FIBER ART: Quilts, wallhangings, table runners, crocheted doilies & afghans, framed cross stitch.
- COOKING/KITCHEN USE: Pottery, wood burned cutting boards, Corian cutting boards.
- CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES: Home knit/crocheted scarves, socks & mittens.
- DOLLS: Vintage Santa's....Mohair and recycled real fur bears made right here in Aroostook County, and collectible porcelain dolls.
- PERSONAL CARE: We have handmade soap in a lot of luscious scents that are very gentle to the skin.
- JEWELRY: We have beautiful dried floral or beach sand earrings, pendants, and bracelets, wired jewelry, fishing lure earrings, beaded sets, and some vintage costume pieces.
- STATIONERY/GREETING CARDS: We offer original photo cards by local photographers. In addition to the local offerings, there is a selection of Leanin’ Tree cards as well.
- INK PENS: We have individual wood turned ink pens.
- BOOKS: Most of our books are by Maine Authors or about Maine and local cookbooks! We have children's books and puzzles.
- PRIMITIVES: Hand crafted Crow's just arrived. We have a nice selection of primitive items suitable for the kitchen, bath, or wherever you need a little shelf. There are rolling pin holders, rolling pin tealight candle holders, wall cupboards, shelves, towel racks, license plate totes, and more.
- FURNITURE: Unfinished Children’s table and chair set, doll chairs, & doll crib complete with pad and matching crib quilt and pillow. We have some vintage furniture for sale...Heywood/Wakefield drop-leaf table and three chairs, a vintage drop leaf table, five vintage chairs with caned seats, and some occasional tables.
- OUTDOOR/GARDEN DECOR: Rustic bird feeders & birdhouses for chickadees, bluebirds, and wrens, hand-carved garden gnome stakes, and silverware wind chimes. AND our fresh balsam Christmas trees during the holiday season, plus a whole lot more!!
- ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES: We have a nice collection of vintage/antique oil lamps, glassware, dinnerware sets and pieces, baskets, etc.!
- PERENNIALS: We garden for the enjoyment of it all so you will see grasses, flowers, and shrubs galore. And yes, even weeds. Between the moose, deer, birds, bees, butterflies, dragonflies, frogs, foxes, bunnies, etc. there is always a lot of action going on here. This is why we garden…to enjoy nature. Come Spring, we will have field grown perennials from our gardens~hopefully! This is not a sure thing. Our local deer herd keeps us busy trying out different plants to grow that they won’t eat. Trial and error and it has been a long, enjoyable ride.
We are in Aroostook County, aka “Crown of Maine”, "The Other Maine", or “Top of Maine” (33 miles North of Patten and 8 miles South of Masardis) Turn off Rt. 11 onto the OxBow Rd. We are 3 miles in on the right. Watch for the wildlife and enjoy the ride.